I have been in private practice since 1988. I have contracted with helping agencies to provide consultation and training and with Belmont University to provide counseling to students. I have been happily married for many years and am the proud father of two grown sons. At this point in my life I believe I bring a depth of both professional and personal experience to my work. I fully engage with my clients to best understand and guide them. I listen carefully for core issues, themes, and patterns that block progress and growth in order to facilitate a process that equips clients to live life with more insight, skill, and consciousness.
- Individual Therapy
- Marriage/Relationship Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Parent Consultation
Approach to Counseling
My style is interactive, supportive, and instructive. I aim to foster learning and growth by helping clients develop insight, self-awareness, coping skills, interpersonal skills, and skills specific to marriage, relationships, life direction, and parenting. I create a safe, supportive, and collaborative environment for this process.
Client Groups Served
- Adults of all ages
- Marital / Relationship Problems
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Divorce Adjustment
- Adolescent Emotional/Behavioral Problems
- Parent-Child Problems
- Career and Life Direction Issues
- Loss and Grief
- Private Psychotherapy Practice since 1988
- Author of How to Be the Adult in the Room
- Twenty-one years of contract work with Belmont University providing psychotherapy for students
- Nineteen years of contract work providing consultation and training for agencies servicing troubled adolescents and families
- Thirteen years in agencies providing residential treatment for adolescents
- I have a long lasting and happy marriage.
- I have a fulfilling relationship with my two grown sons.
- I enjoy outdoor activities, time with friends and family, reading, and movies.
- I have worked through my own share of human issues.
- I honor matters of spiritual faith.