As humans, we develop physically, emotionally, spiritually, and relationally throughout our lives. During our life our development becomes tested by typical and/or atypical challenges. How we respond to these challenges impacts our continued growth. I love working with people across the lifespan addressing these challenges during which learning, growth, and empowerment stem. I have a particular interest in working with children, adolescents, and young adults in their process of ‘becoming’.
Through a humanistic, strength-based, person-centered therapeutic approach, I utilize the evidence-based practices of cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, mindfulness, and play therapy interventions. I believe the authentic and trusting relationships I build with clients is the catalyst of my style of counseling. I have experience working with clients experiencing depressive symptoms, anxiety and stress, ADHD, family conflict, trauma, and sleep disturbances. I bring humor, understanding, and compassion into every session. Since, much of my work is with children and teens, I embrace collaboration with parents and caregivers to better facilitate positive behaviors at home. Parenting is hard. I have found that supporting both child and caregivers to be a holistic way of addressing presenting problems.
Originally from Nashville, I moved to Wisconsin to attend Northland College for my undergraduate degree. After working in college admissions for 5 years, I moved back to Nashville to attend Vanderbilt University and pursue a career in counseling. I have worked with children and young adults in a variety of settings, such as, schools, homes, and private practice.
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
Client Groups Served
- Children (5-10)
- Adolescents (11-18)
- Emerging Adults (19-25)
- Trauma and PTSD
- Family Conflict
- Sleep Disorders
- Anger Management
- School Problems
- Licensed Professional Counselor- Mental Health Service Provider (TN #5321), State of Tennessee, Issued December 2020
- National Certified Counselor (#1233746), National Board for Certified Counselors, Issued August 2019
- Master of Education, Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 2019
- Bachelor of Science, Directed Study: Ecopsychology, Northland College, Ashland WI, 2011
- Brentwood Counseling Associates, 2022-Present
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center, School-Based Counselor, 2019-2022
- KIPP Collegiate High School, Nashville, TN- Intern, 2018-2019
- Omni Community Health, Nashville, TN- Intern, 2018
- I love spending time with my wife, three children, and our dog and cat. I have a deep passion for being outdoors, hiking, and, especially, canoeing. I enjoy learning and practicing new skills, seeing live music, and coaching my son’s little league team.