For the past 20 years I have worked and lived in some of the more challenged communities in the United States. During that time I was involved in leadership and bringing large-scale change at the community level. Along the way I realized that individuals, couples and families were often left struggling and overwhelmed with the life’s challenges. I vowed to figure out how to help people cope with life’s challenges and heal from the inevitable traumas and betrayals that we all experience. To do this my family and I moved to Nashville so I could complete a master’s degree in Human Development Counseling at Vanderbilt University.
These days I am committed to working with adults (individuals, couples and groups) to experience freedom, healing, control, and restoration in all areas of life. I am passionate about working with individuals and couples experiencing anxiety and depression, those struggling with addiction and seeking healing from trauma. I also specialize in working with individuals and families living through cancer diagnoses and treatment as well as those wanting to heal from religious and spiritual trauma and “church hurt.”
- Individual therapy
- Couples therapy
- Group therapy
- Premarital Counseling
Client groups served
- Emerging adults (18-25)
- Life transition
- Grief and loss
- Men’s issues
- Relationship challenges
- Cancer care
- Spiritual trauma/ “church hurt”
- Master of Education, Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Vanderbilt University, 2022.
- Master of Divinity, Emmanuel Christian Seminary at Milligan College, 2010.
- Master of Arts, American Indian Law and Policy, University of Arizona, 2000.
- Bachelor of Arts, Georgia College, Milledgeville, GA – May, 1997.
- Brentwood Counseling Associates, June 2022-present.
- Center for Student Wellbeing-Graduate Assistant, Vanderbilt University, August 2020-May 2022.
- Nashville Collaborative Counseling Center, Clinical Internship, September 2021-May, 2022.
- Integrative Life Center, Nashville, TN. Clinical Internship, Summer 2021.
- I live in Nashville with my wife Dori and our daughters, Charis and Nia, and our overly-energetic dog, Bailey.
- I enjoy reading, learning, movies and anything related to health and fitness—running, biking, etc… I also coach my daughter’s 8U softball team