I have worked in the field of Marriage and Family Therapy since 2016. Early on in my adult life, I realized a desire to work with people as they navigated the various challenges of life. As a therapist, I am passionate about working with individuals, couples, and families with a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues that include anxiety, depression, grief, perfectionism, relational issues, divorce adjustment, suicidal ideation, and more.
I work with each client to create a safe space where they feel comfortable to unload the burdens they are carrying. I will listen to your story and help highlight strengths and supports while working to equip you with tools to aid you in managing your personal challenges. This work will guide us to accomplishing your goals. I draw from many different evidence-based practices such as Person-Centered Therapy, Dialectic Behavior Therapy (DBT), Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR), and Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT). Regardless of the approach, it is always my aim to bring humor, empathy, and understanding into each session.
After growing up in Nashville, I attended the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. I returned to Nashville and for 18 years enjoyed working with youth and families in a ministry setting, where I developed and implemented a relational ministry to youth and their families. It was these connections, celebrating the good, and walking with them in the bad, that showed me what a privilege it is to journey with a family. I explored ways to better connect with people and shifted my focus to complete a master’s in Marriage and Family Therapy at Trevecca Nazarene University in 2016.
- Individual Counseling
- Couples Counseling
- Group Counseling
Client Groups Served
- Children (10 to 14)
- Adolescents (15 to 18)
- Emerging Adults (19 to 25)
- Sports Performance
- Parenting & Family Counseling
- Relationship Issues
- Premarital & Marital Counseling
License & Certifications
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, TN Department of Health, License #1331 (under Jesse Lott)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) - 2018
- Assessing and Managing Suicide Risk (AMSR) - 2017
- Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR) – Suicide Prevention – 2010 – Certified as trainer March 2019
- Columbia-Suicide Severity Rating Scale (C-SSRS) - 2016
- Emotionally Focused Therapy – Externship One Complete - 2016
- Prepare/Enrich Assessment – 2016 - Present
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR) - 2022 - Present
- Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy, Trevecca Nazarene University, Nashville, TN ~ August 2016, 4.0 GPA, Officer in Chi Sigma Iota Honor Society
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN ~ May 2001
- Brentwood Counseling Associates, 2019 - Present
- Director of Youth Ministries, Calvary UMC, 2004 - 2022
- Lott Counseling, 2016 - 2019
- Father Ryan Counseling Center, 2014 - 2016
- Clinical Member, American Association for Marriage & Family Therapy ~ 2014 - Present
- I am married with three daughters.
I enjoy spending weekends at the lake, coaching softball & basketball, and spending quality time with my family.