Over the past 15 years, I have enjoyed working with youth in a ministry setting, where I developed and implemented a relational ministry to youth and their families. It was these connections, celebrating the good, and walking with them in the bad, that showed me what a privilege it is to journey with a family. I explored ways to better connect with people and shifted my focus to complete a master’s in Marriage and Family Therapy at Trevecca Nazarene University in 2016.
I am passionate about working with individuals and families with a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues that include anxiety, depression, grief, perfectionism, relational issues, divorce adjustment, suicidal ideation, and more.
I will work with each client to create a safe space where you feel comfortable to unload the burdens you are carrying. I will listen to your story and help highlight strengths and support while working with you to equip you with tools to uniquely manage your personal challenges. This work will guide us to accomplishing your goals.
- Individual Counseling
- Couples Counseling
- Group Counseling
Client Groups Served
- Children (10 to 14)
- Adolescents (15 to 18)
- Emerging Adults (19 to 25)
- Sports Performance
- Parenting & Family Counseling
- Relationship Issues
- Premarital & Marital Counseling
License & Certifications
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, TN Department of Health, License #1331 (under Jesse Lott)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) - 2018
- Assessing and Managing Suicide Risk (AMSR) - 2017
- Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR) – Suicide Prevention – 2010 – Certified as trainer March 2019
- Columbia-Suicide Severity Rating Scale (C-SSRS) - 2016
- Emotionally Focused Therapy – Externship One Complete - 2016
- Prepare/Enrich Assessment – 2016
- Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy, Trevecca Nazarene University, Nashville, TN ~ August 2016, 4.0 GPA, Officer in Chi Sigma Iota Honor Society
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN ~ May 2001
- Brentwood Counseling Associates, 2019 - Present
- Director of Youth Ministries, Calvary UMC, 2004 - Present
- Lott Counseling, 2016 - 2019
- Father Ryan Counseling Center, 2014 - 2016
- Clinical Member, American Association for Marriage & Family Therapy ~ 2014 - Present
- I am married with three daughters.
I enjoy spending weekends at the lake, coaching softball & basketball, and spending quality time with my family.