My love for helping people navigate through life changes and/or difficult times is why I became a therapist; and I have a passion for working with children, adolescents, families, and young couples.
As a clinician with over twenty years of experience with divorce, grief, anxiety, depression, emotional dysregulation, trauma and relationship concerns, I want to assist you in discovering issues that may be blocking your growth. While working with individuals, I believe it is most effective to also work with the family as a whole to positively affect and create changes needed in the family system. I walk alongside clients to help pull back layers of symptoms and break down barriers to get to the core of the presenting problem, which produces the change that clients desire.
Approach to Counseling
My therapeutic approach is always focused on my client’s needs. As such, sessions are tailored to meet you where you are. I foster a trusting and warm environment for clients of all ages to feel comfortable as they process through difficult situations, symptoms, and/or traumas. I use a prescriptive approach based on the client’s areas of concern, utilizing evidence based therapeutic modalities such as CBT, concepts of DBT, trauma informed care and EMDR. Together, we will work through the initial point of your pain to bring you to a place of wellbeing.
Client Groups Served
- Children (5-14)
- Adolescents (15-18)
- Emerging Adults (19-25)
- Marital Issues
- Break-up Recovery
License & Certification
- Licensed Master Social Worker, State of Tennessee, Issued July 2018
Education & Training
- EMDR Trained
- Master of Science, Social Work, University of Tennessee, 2017
- Bachelor of Social Work, Belmont University, 1997
- Brentwood Counseling Associates, Brentwood, TN
- STARS Counselor in Riverdale High School, Murfreesboro, TN
- Move 2 Stand Counselor and Trainer Throughout Tennessee Schools
- Family and Children’s Service, Middle Tennessee